In this episode of Creative Marketing ABCs:
Where and How to market your art…
In this episode, We talk about understanding WHERE you can market your art which also dictates how to market to that audience. We discuss how to determine where your audience might be so that you can effectively communicate to them. Depending on where your audience is best approached you can then decide how you want to send your message. Options are widely varied from print advertising, online promotion, direct mailers or even phone calls are just some of the ways to reach those you would like to buy your art.
- Know who you are marketing to so you can find out where to direct messages to.
- Where is your audience – online vs offline?
- How do you communicate for different location types – ads vs social media vs exhibiting etc.
- Online marketing such as SEO focuses on content and keywords.
- Twitter and Facebook can reach “followers” you’ve attracted.
- YouTube is greatly underused as a way to market products or services.
- Add in descriptions and make sure to include a credit to yourself and your website on all locations you share your art online.
- Always include some kind of branding with products or services you offer.
- Social media is a great tool for marketing online.
- Blogs are important – “just write about your art, you don’t need a sales pitch”.
- MAXIMIZE your time and ability to get leads.
Action List this week:
We invite you!
- If you have a topic you’d like us to discuss or a question you’d like answered, contact us.
- We also welcome you as a guest on the show, please contact us to learn more.
- Subscribe to the podcast to keep up-to-date with more tips and ideas to market your art and design.
Where to find us:
Find us on iTunes and Twitter
Thank you to Geekcast.fm for hosting our show, be sure to visit them for other great podcasts about internet marketing.